REALLY support the troops.

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Not to mention ten years!


I started reading the Harry Potter books around the time they started getting in the news, due to the security procedures in place to prevent early sales.

It was my birthday, and I was in the local drugstore getting a prescription filled. I had wandered over to the magazine/book section, and, on a whim, picked up a large format softbound edition of the first book as a gift to myself. The second book, Chamber of Secrets, was also there.

I get home, open the book, and read it in one sitting. I was really annoyed that by the time I had finished the book, the drugstore was closed and I had to wait until the next day to buy Chamber of Secrets!

Which I did. I also ordered the third book from Amazon.com.

A few weeks later, at Arisia, the regional science fiction convention in Boston, I gave the books to an old friend. (She says I threw them at her.) She was so instantly hooked on them, she went and bought book three before she had finished Chamber of Secrets.

So, here it is, only a few more days until the 5th movie and a few more weeks to the final book.

Amazon had better make good on its promise to deliver my book on the 21st, or there will be hell to pay. Or at least a full refund!

No comments: