REALLY support the troops.

Sunday, September 30, 2007

The last few days.

I've got a fatty tumor (aka, a "Lipoma". Just a lump of benign tissue) on my back going bad.

It's infected, hurts a bit and it will be seen to sometime next week.

Did something to my right calf muscle a week or so ago, it's sore and stiff.

My doctor had me get an ultrasound scan of the leg, to determine if the pain and stiffness was due to a deep vein thrombosis, which could result in blood clots in my lung(s) and death.

That would be bad.

The scan was negative, I'm pleased to say. I was in and out in less than 30 minutes.

So, Monday will be busy for me. Call the jury commissioner's office, make the appointment to see a doctor about my back, write the monthly checks (dammit! Why isn't PayPal an option to pay the rent, phone and cable bills?), buy more checks, buy jewel cases for all the DVDs I have to send out this week, burn all the DVDs I have to send out this week, get an ethernet cable, get money for the laundry machines in the building, order a few books and things via the Internet, buy groceries and on the way home, buy my bi-monthly pizza.

Yes, it's ALL GO, here at Slovenly Tucker Hovel!

2 comments:

Allyson said...

Sorry to read about the Lipoma. Hopefully, you'll get that taken care of ASAP.

As for writing checks. Bah. Thankfully, just about every periodic bill does online billing or I use my bank bill pay.

Of course, the only fools that insist on cash (gasp!) or checks are the city, state and feds. I sincerely wish they'd get with the program.

Chris Tucker said...

Even though it takes me all of 5 minutes to write the three monthly checks, rent, phone/DSL, and cable, compared to my ISP billing procedure, direct debiting from the checking account once a month, or using PayPal, it's just a huge waste of time and paper.

The cable can be paid online, but the only time I tried, it kept telling me that I was overpaying the amount owed.

I never did get an answer back from Comcast about that. So I don't use that. If their software thinks I'm paying too much, when will it think I haven't paid enough, and what hell will THAT be like?

I can't recall why I don't use the Verizon online pay option. Probably some annoying eccentricity in their website.

I long for the day when I can write a script that will let me pay my monthly bills with a single mouse click. Or better, allow PayPal to do it for me on a monthly basis.