REALLY support the troops.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Massive Hardware Malfunction

My Macintosh G3 Blue and White, running OS X 10.3.9 died tonight.

So, things are going to be hectic around here for a while.

I'm currently using my old Macintosh All In One. I'll be transplanting the hard drives from the Blue and White into the All In One later tonight. That'll give me access to my email address book and my browser bookmarks.

Needless to say, I am very annoyed. I'm going to see if I can get a replacement logic board and hope that it's just the original logic board that went bad.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bummer about the 'puter....

Chris Tucker said...

And how!

However, I do have a lead for a 1 Ghz G4 dual processor Mac for a real pittance. No drives, no RAM, but that's not a big deal. I can change out the drives in the Blue and White and RAM is cheap enough. US$30.00 or less for 256 MB sticks.

Still and all, getting this backup configured was a pain.